Monday 26 March 2012

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing the product.

                                                    

The first thing that i have learnt about technologies from making my magazine is the ease of using a digital SLR Canon camera. This has shown me how much easier it is to use digital cameras, keeping photos and deleting the photos you do not want instead of printing off 28 photos and having to scan in the photos that you like. Another way of printing out photos was by doing it in a dark room this was a long process and took too much time, time that we do not have when making a making a magazine.Using a digital camera added ease to the whole process allowing me to look at the photos that i have taken making sure the lighting is appropriate and if not deleting the unwanted photos.
Search engines have contributed hugely to making my magazine look professional. Those allowing me to look up already established magazines and taking inspiration from them. Things like YouTube have also helped me to make my magazine come together; YouTube helped me when I was unsure how to do things on Photoshop tutorials allowed me to do things without my teachers help. Also search engines allowed me to compare other magazines to my own, seeing what I have missed out and allowing me to make my magazine look as professional as possible.
Photoshop is the programme that i used to make my magazine this is a bit of technology that professional magazine companies use to make their magazines. This programme is something that i have learnt to use over the years of taking media. This technology makes it easy to make a magazine and make it look professional and artistic. The brushes and text tools are things that i have used in my magazine on my front cover, both double page spreads and contents page. At times using Photoshop was difficult but the outcome has been better for using the programme. In Photoshop i used the cutting out tool, played with the levels of photos changing the lighting of them. Downloading fonts allowed me to make my magazine look unique and add a certain image to it. I was allowed to do whatever i wanted on my magazine but keeping within the guide lines of a conventional music magazine.
I would not have been able to make my magazine without technology. Technology has come so far since printing out photos in a dark room and scanning them into a computer. Technology like digital cameras has allowed us to make magazines and newspapers within hours and Photoshop allowing us to edit photos and change the appearance of things. Technology plays such a huge part in the media industry, filming, photography, magazines and newspapers. Without technology like photoshop and digital cameras i would not of been able to make my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment