Tuesday 27 March 2012

How did you attract/ adress your target audience?

                                                                              How did you attract/ address your audience?

In my magazine I have used a bright green colour to attract my target audience, green not being feminine or masculine appeals to both sexes. Also the shade of green that has been chosen is bright and fun, this is something that ‘indie’ music is supposed to be, fun quirky and easy listening. The colour is also appropriate for the age range of the target audience being from 14-25.
Also there is a choice if they want to buy the magazine online or for their tablet or android phone. This would attract my target audience because it is convenient to them to read it wherever they may be during the day this also includes having a fan page on Twitter and Facebook, these are sites that almost every teenager goes on allowing them to keep up with new artists and realises before they read the magazine.
I have made sure there is a variety of artists in my magazine/contents, both male and female and artists that are somewhat different to ‘indie’ bands. Also, there is a free poster of a well known artist up for grabs, making the target audience want to buy this magazine because they are getting more for their money and maybe making them want to buy the magazine more often.
I have attracted the target audience by the use of the model that has been chosen, the clothes he wears, and his hair and facial expressions. The target audience will be able to relate to the model and feel more welcome to pick up the magazine if the model is like them.
The style of writing that has been chosen is modern and not something that you would usually see on an ‘indie’ music magazine. This would attract the target audience as they like different things, stuff that isn’t ‘main stream’ and like anybody else.
Lastly I wanted my magazine to appeal to my target audience under the uses and gratifications theory, Escapism. I wanted them to feel relaxed while reading my magazine and interested, allowing them to escape from everyday life and just read about something that they enjoy the most, reviews, gigs and albums that they want to read about.

No comments:

Post a Comment