Sunday 25 March 2012

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?
Looking back at my preliminary task it is clear that i have gained more skills in Photoshop. The qualities of the photos that i have taken are far better than the ones that were in my preliminary task. The first main thing that you notice is the background of the images, some were taken in Brighton on the beach with the sea in the background and some taken in school with a plain white backdrop with special lighting effects to make them look more professional.
The text on the preliminary task is simple and boring it is not eye catching to the reader at all. The text that i have used on my final draft is eye catching and is a font that i have downloaded from the internet. I have used a backdrop on most of the pieces of texts to make it stand out from white background. The downloaded font on my final draft is very different front my preliminary task it is different and adds a unique feel to the magazine.
The colour used in my preliminary tasks is very different to the final draft. The colours were boring and didn’t really match. Unlike, the colour scheme that i have chosen for the final draft. The colour scheme is bright and eye catching, with selected parts of the magazine with bursts of colour. A lime green is the colour that has been chosen for the magazine front cover, both double page spreads and the contents page. By choosing the colour green for my final draft and not using the colour purple like did in my preliminary task it allowed the magazine to be attractive to both men and women. Also the green is better and suites the ‘indie’ look instead of the purple being more something you would associate with a pop or girly magazine.
The Photoshop skills that i have gained whilst making my magazine have come along since making my preliminary task. I have learnt how to change an image by changing the levels of the image. Finding another way to cut out images, changing the opacity of boxes and images, changing images into black and white. Also downloading texts and inserting them into my magazine making it look sophisticated and professional.
I believe that i have become more creative in the way that i look at things. Placing things in different places and playing around with colours, texts and images to find what looks best. Gaining Photoshop by looking at tutorials on youtube and fronter has helped me to do this. This therefore meaning that i do not have to ask for helped a lot of the time and can get on with things that i need to do with my magazine.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment